BA Hons Degree in Acting
Our three-year BA Acting degree (validated by City, University of London) is a creative and successfuI route to both stage and screen.
Recent graduates have appeared in Call the Midwife (BBC), Emmerdale (ITV), EastEnders (BBC) and The Archers (BBC radio), and have performed on stage in Hamlet (Royal Shakespeare Company), The Lorax (The Old Vic), Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Palace Theatre) and The Skriker (Royal Exchange Manchester).
Notable School of Acting alumni also include Lashana Lynch (American drama series Still Star Crossed), Finn Jones (Game of Thrones, Marvel's Iron Fist), Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy, Da Vinci’s Demons, Luther) and Tuppence Middleton (Dickensian, War and Peace, Sense8).
Actors need appropriate drama school training in film, television, theatre and radio. ArtsEd London provides this and much more. Dynamic and diverse, this course focuses on improvisation, story-telling, character creation and analysis, and vocal and physical articulation.
At a Glance
- You will learn how to use the techniques developed by Stanislavski, Meisner and Mike Leigh (to name but a few) in order to explore character creation and script preparation.
- You will perform in a wide range of plays, from Shakespeare, Chekhov and Arthur Miller to very contemporary theatre written in the last ten years.
- You will be skilled in screen acting and have a working understanding of all aspects of a film or television set.
- You will develop as an actor and become highly skilled in all areas of this profession.
Recent graduates have worked on prestigious productions and programmes including:
- Call The Midwife (BBC)
- Doctors (BBC)
- EastEnders (BBC)
- Emmerdale (ITV)
- Firebird (Hampstead Theatre and London's West End)
- Future Conditional (The Old Vic)
- Hamlet, Cymbeline (Royal Shakespeare Company)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Palace Theatre)
- Liberian Girl (Royal Court)
- Love’s Labours Lost (Oxford Shakespeare Company)
- Outlander (Amazon Prime)
- Richard III, Edward IV, Henry VI (Kingston Rose dir Trevor Nunn)
- The Archers (BBC)
- The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe (Birmingham Rep)
- The Lorax (The Old Vic)
- The Skriker (Royal Exchange Manchester)
- Those Who Trespass (Hightide Festival)
- Tour Tyrant (Fox TV)
- Wolf Blood (CBBC)
- You Me and the Apocalypse (Sky 1)
My three years at ArtsEd were some of the best years ever – the support and training the tutors provide is incredible and sets you up with the tools you need to audition and work as a professional actor. ArtsEd is a safe environment to practise and develop your craft – the training comes from a supporting and encouraging place.Laura Haddock