Acting Visiting Creatives
School of Acting students benefit greatly from working with a wide range of experienced and highly regarded industry creatives. Some work for ArtsEd on a regular basis and all are experts in their field. Here's a round up of our recent visiting creatives.
Visiting Directors & Directors
- Steven Atkinson (Director) Hightide, Bush Theatre
- Justin Audibert (Director) RSC, BAC, Unicorn Theatre
- Russell Bolam (Director) Southwark Playhouse, Arcola Theatre, St James’ Theatre, Southwark Playhouse, Finborough Theatre
- Dan Bird (Director) Royal Exchange, NT
- Kate Budgen (Director) Southwark Playhouse, Finborough Theatre, Pentabus Theatre, Theatre Clwyd, Theatre 503
- Martin Constantine (Director) Live Arts Show, RSC, National Theatre Wales
- Phil Edgerly (Director)
- Rikki Henry (Director) Young Vic, Home
- Jonny Humphries (Director) Royal Exchange, Sheffield Crucible
- Anna Jordan (Director) Royal Court, Royal Exchange
- Laura Keefe (Director) Young Vic, Bush Theatre
- Cordelia Monsey (Director)
- Sir Trevor Nunn (Director)
- Gbolahan Obisesan (Director) Associate Director Young Vic, Bush Theatre
- William Oldroyd (Director) RSC, Young Vic, Sadlers Wells
- Sarah Tipple (Director) Young Vic, ENO
- Alex Thorpe (Director) RSC, Finborough
- Kate Saxon (Director) BBC, ETT, Southwark Playhouse
- Tim Stark (Director)
- Wayne Yip (Director) Channel 4, BBC, Fox
- Hannah Banister (Director) 3rd year production, THIS IS. The Gate, The Lowry The Old Vic and Old Vic 12 Scheme
- Lynette Linton (Director) 3rd year production, This Is. Lynette has worked at The Donmar Warehouse, The Globe, The Gate Theatre, Arcola Theatre, Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- Zoe Waterman (Director) 3rd year production OUR TOWN. Associate Director the New Vic Theatre, Theatre by The Lake, Theatre Clwyd, Nottingham Playhouse,
- Alex Thorpe (Director) 3rd year production THE SUICIDE, RSC, Theatre 503, The Orange Tree Theatre.
- Richard Elson, Y3 Showreel films; ITV BBC, Channel 4: Coronation Street, Skins, Casualty, Holby City
- Simon Massey, 3rd year Original screenplay filmsm ITV, BBC, Channel 4 - Coronation Street, Skins, Casualty, Holby
- Angie De Chastelai Smith, 3rd year Original screenplay films, BBC – EastEnders, Grange Hill
- Liz Bacon (Director) Y2 contemporary project, Artistic Director, Anything Other Theatre Co; Vault Festival, Only Connect
- Kate Budgen (Director) Y2 contemporary project. Theatre 503, The Gate, Almeida Theatre, Pentabus.
- Ed Hulme, Y2 Classic American project. Rehearsed readings Soho Theatre, Butterfly Theatre Co. Assistant director to Trevor Nunn, Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Phil Edgerly, Y2 Classic American project. Actor and director, RSC, Long Ensemble Co, Shakespeare’s Globe
- Linda Miller, Y2 Shakespeare project, Cyrano de Bergerac, Yvonne Arnaud Theatre
- Alex Packer (Assistant Director), Y2 Shakespeare project, Assistant Director, Woman in Black; Artistic Director, Mini Mall
Justin Audibert Artistic Director Unicorn Theatre. As a director Justin has worked at RSC, National Theatre, Young Vic, Wilton’s Music Hall, Plymouth Theatre Royal.
Emma Randle Artistic Director of the Oxford Shakespeare Co.
Zoe Waterman Associate Director the New Vic Theatre, Theatre by The Lake, Theatre Clwyd, Nottingham Playhouse,
Alex Thorpe RSC, Theatre 503, The Orange Tree Theatre
Sara Joyce Trafalgar Studios, SOHO Theatre, Old Vic, SARA is also a member of the prestigious Old Vic 12 scheme.
Rikki Henry Young Vic – Genesis future director award winner. Associate director Home Theatre in Manchester.
Alecky Blythe Artistic Director of Recorded Delivery Theatre Co. National Theatre, Almeida, Young Vic, Bush Theatre.
Katie Posner Pilot Theatre, Northern Stage, York Theatre Royal, Out of Joint, Live Theatre.
Ed Stamboullion Unicorn Theatre, Vaults Festival, SOHO Theatre.
Rachel Bagshaw Associate Artist at the Bush Theatre, Young Vic, Graeae Theatre Co.
Gbolahan Obisesan Young Vic, Birmingham Rep, Royal Court, Sheffield Crucible.
Bruce Wall Founder of London Shakespeare Workout which is a company that takes Shakespeare workshops into prisons and runs projects for the inmates. He has worked in the sector for over 20 years and has worked in prisons all over the world including India, China and Uganda.
- Brad Birch REACTOR (for ArtsEd, Summer 2018) Brad has written plays for Royal Court, RSC, National Theatre and Paines Plough.
- Roy Williams OBE, THIS IS (for ArtsEd, summer 2018), Winner of the George Devine Award, Olivier Award for best play and Evening Standard Awards for most promising playwright. Roy has written for National Theatre, Royal Court, Theatre Royal Stratford East, The Bush.
- Torben Betts (title tbc), for ArtsEd, Summer 2019. Has written for Edinburgh Lyceum, BAC, Orange Tree. Adapted Get Carter for the theatre and wrote a new version of The Seagull for Regent’s Park Open air Theatre
- Atiha Sen Gupta (title tbc), for ArtsEd, Summer 2019. Writer-in-residence, Theatre Royal Stratford East. Has written for Skins, Channel 4, and Holby City, BBC.
- Anna Jordan Professional Practice workshops. Playwright (Winner of the Bruntwood Prize, The Royal Court, Paines Plough, Royal Exchange, Frantic Assembly.)
Professional Practice speakers and Workshop leaders:
- Michael Attenborough
- Tom Attenborough (Director) National Theatre, Almeida Theatre, Southwark Playhouse
- Nick Bagnall (Director) Shakespeare’s Globe, Royal Exchange, Liverpool Everyman.
- Russell Bolam (Director) Finborough Theatre, Southwark Playhouse, Arcola Theatre
- Derek Brown CEO Actorshop
- Dweborah Bruce (Writer/Director)
- Marina Calderone (Theatre and Radio Director, Producer, Author)
- Paul Chequer (Acting Tutor) War Horse, RSC, National Theatre, Private Peaceful West End
- Ben Crowe (Actor, Voice Over Artist)
- Simon Darwen (Actor) King Lear Theatre Royal Bath, Taming of the Shrew Southwark Playhouse, Mad About the Boy Bush Theatre and Young Vic
- Matthew Dunster (Director/Writer) Young Vic, Royal Court, National Theatre, RSC, Almeida Theatre, Royal Exchange, Regents Park Theatre.
- Lyndall Grant (Motion Capture Specialist)
- Ben Gutteridge (TV Director) Casualty, Holby City, TV commercials
- Johnny Harris (Actor) This is England 86/88, Snow White and The Huntsman, Welcome to The Punch, Monsters - Dark Continent, Atonement
- Dan Hutton (Director) Assistant to James Dacre, Jack Lowe
- Anna Jordan (Director/Writer) Bruntwood Award Winner 2013, Theatre 503, The Park Theatre, Artistic Director of Without a Paddle Theatre Co.
- Mona Kahili (Director) Young Vic Director’s Scheme
- Laura Keefe (Director) Arcola Theatre, Old Vic New Voices
- Lashana Lynch (Actor) Brotherhood, Fast Girls, Educating Rita
- Vicky McClure (Actor) This is England, Broadchurch, Line of Duty, Svengali
- Anastasia Osie (Director) Creative Associate The Gate, Artistic Director Wrested Veil
- Philip Ridley (Writer) Radiant Vermin, Mercury Fur, Vincent River, The Fastest Clock In The Universe, the Pitchfork Disney.
- Jessica Swale (Writer/Director) The Globe, Out of Joint
- Sarah Tipple (Director) Young Vic, ENO, Aldwych, Southwark Playhouse, Trafalgar Studios, Theatre 503
- Mark Shenton (Theatre Critic) The Stage
- Simon Stephens (Writer)
- Kevin Doyle Actor Downton Abbbey, Happy Valley, Doc Martin.
- Dan Parr Actor Royal Exchange, Barbican, Royal Court, Leeds Playhouse, New Vic Theatre,
- Simon Darwen Actor Paines Plough, Young Vic, Theatre Royal Bath, Birmingham Rep.
- Syrus Lowe Actor The Inheritance Young Vic and West End, Saint Joan Donmar Warehouse, Henry Fifth Regents Park, Earthquakes in London, NT/Headlong
- Ruth Gibson Actor Royal Exchange Manchester; Call the Midwife, BBC, The Pact, BBC
- Joe Powell Agent, Curtis Brown
- Sam Boyd Agent, CAM
- Gavin Denton-Jones Agent, CAM
- John Grant Agent, Conway Van Gelder Grant
- Liz Nelson Agent, Conway Van Gelder Grant
- Bill Petrie Agent BWH
- Rebecca Pumphrey Agent, Independent Talent Group
- Marvin Godfrey Agent at Gavin Barker Associates.
Gemma Hancock Casting Director
Lucy Jenkins Casting Director
Sooki McShane Casting Director
- Amy Ball Royal Court
- Marc Frankum West End, Sheffield Theatres, Bath Theatre Royal, Salisbury Playhouse
- Hammond Cox Casting
- Alison Holder National Theatre
- Sarah Hughes West End, National Theatre, Stephen Joseph Theatre, BBC, Birmingham Rep, West Yorkshire Playhouse, ITV
- Lucy Jenkins (West End, Nottingham Playhouse, Park Theatre, RSC, West Yorkshire Playhouse)
- Sooki McShane (West End, Nottingham Playhouse, Park Theatre, RSC, West Yorkshire Playhouse)
- Hannah Miller RSC
- Sophie Parrott Royal Court, Royal Exchange, Liverpool Everyman
- Annelie Powell RSC