A part-time intensive skills focused training course in Acting & Audition Preparation
Contact the ArtsEd EXTRA Team on 020 8987 6692 / email@example.com if you have any queries
Course Information - APPLICATIONS OPEN TILL AUGUST
The course develops, refines and hones your audition techniques and acting skills. This course is ideal for those who are considering applying for undergraduate acting courses, those who have been unsuccessful at drama school auditions and those who are taking a gap year. It is also ideal for those who have had some experience of performing but would like to refine and develop your acting skills. This course will give you an insight into the demands of the professional industry and it will allow you to question if this is the career for you before you commit 3 years and spend thousands of pounds. The course is student focused and you will receive individual guidance and support with regular tutorial sessions.
For those who are auditioning for undergraduate courses, it is crucial that you are ready for drama school auditions by March, this course ensures that you are fully prepared. Some foundation or audition courses either start in January or are three terms long, this course takes the hours from the third term and forward loads them where they are most needed.
The course will cover a range of audition requirements:
Preparation is everything when auditioning for drama school. A course that can give you confidence, help you prepare your speeches and give you the best possible chance is a great way to start your training.
Chris Hocking, ArtsEd Principal
Preparation is everything when auditioning for drama school. A course that can give you confidence, help you prepare your speeches and give you the best possible chance is a great way to start your training.Chris Hocking, ArtsEd Principal
- How to choose appropriate contrasting contemporary monologues that suit your casting
- How to choose your Shakespeare / Period Monologues
- How to approach your Shakespeare / Period Monologues
- How to use your voice appropriately
- How to explore physicality
- How to stand out in a workshop session
- How to perform to camera
- How to conduct yourself in an audition environment
- How to perform your speeches with ownership, truth and spontaneity
- How to take redirection
- How to do a screen test
- How to conduct yourself in an interview
- How to employ detail in your delivery
- How to harness energy effectively
- How to embody a text with truthfulness and clarity
- How to convey the 'story' of your speech
- How to articulate physically and vocally the dynamic shifts in your text
- How to enhance the clarity of your performance and become much more convincing as a performer
We aim to provide a secure and creative environment in which you can play, take risks and thrive as an individual. This course will be very student centric with a view to tailoring the training to the needs of the individual, thereby enhancing personal confidence, expressivity and preparedness for potential development in the Performing Arts.
The course can be paid in 3 parts over a period of 3 months.
- One contemporary monologue from the last 40 years lasting no longer than 2 minutes duration.
- One classical monologue (e.g Shakespeare) lasting no longer than 2 minutes duration.
Term Dates 2018/19
The course is split over two terms: 12 weeks and 11 weeks. Delivered over three mid-week evenings each week. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 7pm- 9:30pm.
Term 1: 11th September - 13th December 2018
Term 2: 8th January - 14 March 2019
There are 4 intensive Sundays - Three in semester 1 - 14th October / 11th November / December 9th (mock audition) and one in semester 2 - March 17th 2019.(tbc)
There will be a mock audition at the end of semester 1 which will be recorded and detailed feedback will be given.
There will be a final mock audition at the end of the course with an external panel.
Course cost: £2,800. Please note that this fee can be spread over 3 equal payments during the first semester.
Applicants must have IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent in the English Language
Minimum age for admission 17