ArtsEd Extra Administrator
||Manager of ArtsEd Extra and Outreach
|Working Pattern :
||Full Time (5 days including Saturday)
||Tuesday to Friday 9am-5pm (flexible) and Saturday 8am-2pm
Summary of the role
The Extra Administrator is required to provide administrative support to staff, students and parents for the smooth operation of the weekend and holiday courses.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Liaising with the Manager of ArtsEd Extra in relation to paperwork required for courses and course planning
- Supporting and assisting in implementing all ArtsEd Extra courses.
- Booking private lessons for Saturday students.
- Answering and responding to enquiries whether via email, online or over the telephone in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Assisting in staff recruitment for all ArtsEd Extra courses in liaison with Manager of ArtsEd Extra and HR and collating new starters paperwork as required by HR.
- Notifying HR of staffing changes and ensuring that HR requirements are met in relation to contracts and vetting checks and within safer recruitment and safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Processing invoices & ensuring timesheets are correct and forwarded to the Finance department.
- Supporting the Manager of ArtsEd Extra in monitoring budgets.
- Logging and processing payments for courses.
- Taking tours for prospective course attendees and their parents / carers / guardians.
- Scheduling appointments & updating calendars.
- Creating course spreadsheets.
- Completing risk assessments for courses and events.
- Co-ordinating & collating data in relation to ArtsEd Extra students.
- Liaising with parents regarding external opportunities such as castings.
- Facilitating with room bookings for Extra courses and liaising with other departments to avoid clashes.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent I.T Skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Empathy & ability to engage with young people.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Confident working independently with little supervision
- Capable of building working relationships and networks with people from a range backgrounds and cultures
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Strong customer focus, committed to ensuring delivery of excellent service standards.
- Ability to operate at all levels of the organisation and be an ambassador for ArtsEd.
- Willing to undertake Safeguarding and First Aid Training
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Emotional resilience.
- Positive attitude to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- A strong commitment to educating young people.
- The all-round ability to discharge all professional duties properly.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and communicate effectively.