Assistant IT Technician
£27,000 yearly pro rata
Full-Time Fixed Term Contract (3 to 6 months)
Between the hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday on site
ArtsEd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff (permanent and visiting) and volunteers to share this commitment; all staff are required to undergo background checks in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 regulations and to hold an enhanced DBS.
Background to ArtsEd
The Arts Educational Schools have their origin in schools founded in 1919 by Grace Cone and in 1922 by Olive Ripman. The Cone and Ripman schools were pioneers in providing suitably talented children with a general academic education in conjunction with specialised training in dance, drama, music and art, preparing young men and women for professional careers in or connected with the theatre. In 1939 the two schools amalgamated to become the Cone Ripman School. Today Arts Educational Schools London continues to support a world–renowned co–educational independent vocational school for pupils aged 11–18 years as well as a professional conservatoire with two main divisions offering BA and MA degrees in Acting and BA and MA degrees in Musical Theatre, all of which are validated by City University and accredited by Drama UK. There is also a wide-ranging programme of part-time courses for all ages
Purpose of the Role
The IT department at ArtsEd provides all IT services to the entire institution.
The Assistant IT Technician provides day-to-day support of all IT services in all areas of the business and supports the IT Technician and the IT Infrastructure Manager in maintaining excellence in IT service delivery and ensuring business continuity.
The IT department works closely with the facilities department and the Assistant IT Technician will also provide support and administrative services for facilities as required.
- To provide 2nd Line support
- To provide 1st line support, in person and remotely to all members of the organisation
- To maintain the IT Helpdesk and coordinate support efforts with the IT Systems Administrator and IT Technician, escalating incidents internally and liaising with third party support providers where required.
- To be responsible for supporting and running the ICT systems on a day-to-day basis
- To diagnose and resolve basic network, software and hardware faults and perform basic maintenance repairs and upgrades
- To provide prioritised technical support and advice across the organisation
- To assist with the training and support of all users as required within the organisation
- To analyse and report support issues and requests and advising changes and improvements to services and systems in order to provide excellent service and continuously improving support
- To respond effectively and proportionally to IT incidents and problems
- Resolution of 1st and 2nd line issues and requests
- Deployment and installation of client computing hardware, software, and AV equipment
- To carry out hardware repairs
- To provide and manage IT accounts for a variety of services
- To assist in the development of effective network documentation
- To proactively monitor systems
- To maintain databases of physical assets and software
- To audit equipment and report on usage and requirements
- To assist in delivering IT training to all members of the organisation
- To make purchases as requested by the IT Technician and IT Infrastructure Manager
- To issue security passes and manage the physical access systems
Experience Skills and Attributes
- 2nd Line support experience
- Experience in supporting end user computing MacOS is essential for this role
- Experience in supporting a variety of end user computing including Windows 10, iOS, Android, Google G Suite and Microsoft Office 365.
- Good understanding of networking including, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, File Sharing etc.
- Good understanding of Windows network services including Active Directory user and computer management and GPO management
- Attention to detail and an analytical approach to maintaining services and standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude to problem solving and user problems
- An ability to communicate with all members of the organisation at all levels
- Good written skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team to ensure excellent service delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise and manage workload
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate knowledge development
- Relevant academic or professional qualifications, especially MCSA, macOS Support
- Essentials, CompTIA A+
- Experience supporting IT in an academic organisation
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Server
- Experience supporting cloud services, especially Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite
- Experience of macOS management using Profile Manager
The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to all Arts Educational Schools London policies, procedures, staff handbook and staff code of conduct.
The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the workplace are adhered to at all times
The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
All staff are required to undertake relevant training applicable to all staff in an educational establishment
All staff are required to undertake training that is relevant to the post in order to maintain their continued professional development and to suit the requirements of the post
All staff must hold a clear DBS
To Apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org