Application deadline: 31 August 2021
Interview date: w/c 6 September 2021
Job Title: Content Creator & Digital Marketing Officer
Department: Development & Marketing team (Director of Marketing & Development, Marketing Manager, Development Manager, Development & Marketing Assistant)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Working Pattern: Full time Hours: 40 hours per week (including lunchbreak) Flexi-time between the hours of 8am – 6pm
Salary: Between £23,000 and £26,000 (dependent on experience)
The Content Creator & Digital Marketing Officer will be joining a small team in a uniquely vibrant and friendly environment. The successful candidate will support the Marketing Manager in the development and delivery of a robust marketing and communication strategy that drives the achievement of recruitment targets across all our activities and maintains ArtsEd’s reputation as a leading provider of conservatoire education.
The post holder will have a passion for all things digital and will use their visual storytelling skills, including photography, videography, and graphic design, to engage ArtsEd’s diverse stakeholder base, that includes prospective students, parents, industry professionals and alumni.
The key responsibilities of the post are:
- Managing our daily social media presence
- planning, filming, editing, and publishing video content for use across our digital platforms
- planning, creating, and delivering social media and e-marketing campaigns
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of content creation and social media management, ideally in the cultural or education sector. You should have bags of initiative, a collaborative working style and a passion for the performing arts. This is an excellent opportunity to play an important role in the continued success of a thriving organisation.
To engage all stakeholder groups through relevant digital and e-marketing platforms.
- Utilise excellent videography skills to plan, create and edit high quality, imaginative and engaging visual content for sharing across multiple platforms
- Collaborate closely with staff across the organisation to identify potential storytelling opportunities.
Digital & Social Media
- Utilise excellent graphic design skills to design and deliver e- marketing campaigns for all stakeholder groups, including social media content, mass e-mails and digital advertising.
- Manage ArtsEd’s social media presence daily.
- Collaborate closely with staff across the organisation to identify news opportunities and capture corresponding collateral
- Monitor social media communications (both comments on posts and direct messages) and respond in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Set up digital advertising campaigns through Facebook and Google Ads.
Graphic Design & Advertising
- Create basic print and digital advertising material using Canva, InDesign or similar programme.
- Design and create in-house digital and printed signage
- Book and track all print and digital advertising.
- Continue development of website as key marketing tool, building video content and identifying opportunities for increasing visitor engagement.
- Implement regular visual refresh of website, using production and behind the scenes images.
- Be a Brand Ambassador, ensuring correct and effective use of ArtsEd branding and style across all print material, internally and externally.
- Support production and sale of branded merchandise
- Support HE staff in co-ordination and delivery of Audition and Open Days.
- Support Day School & Sixth Form staff in co-ordination and delivery of Open Evenings.
- Produce regular reports from relevant systems including Google Analytics.
- Implement regular surveys of students and staff, collecting quantitative and qualitative material to support marketing and communication campaigns.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a social media or marketing role, preferably in the education or performing arts sectors.
- A demonstrable track record of developing and delivering effective social media campaigns across a variety of platforms.
- Evidence of strong videography skills, demonstrated by experience of planning, filming, editing, and distributing of video content
- Evidence of strong design skills, demonstrated by creation of content for digital and social media platforms.
- Evidence of strong written communication skills (including copywriting, proof-reading, and editing) and the ability to write clear and engaging copy for a broad range of audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work on numerous projects at the same time.
- Strong IT skills, with a keen and proven ability to use a wide range of software, including a graphic design programme
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, quick to build effective and enjoyable working relationships with a wide range of people.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A strong interest in the performing arts
- Knowledge of SEO and working knowledge of SEO for content optimisation
- Experience of ongoing website management
- Experience of pupil/student recruitment in a school environment.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level of education.
- A positive, flexible, and responsive attitude to work.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and full of initiative
- Well organised and proactive with an ability to generate solutions to problems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- An excellent team player, willing to support others and to muck in as necessary!
- The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Arts Educational Schools London Equal Opportunities policies.
- The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The post-holder must ensure that the staff Code of Conduct is adhered to at all times
- The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
- ArtsEd is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all students and pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
What do we offer?
The energy and passion at ArtsEd are tangible. We are a small, close-knit team, committed to supporting all of our students to achieve their best. We offer competitive salaries and our size means that we are able to provide tailored opportunities for staff to develop their skills and experience through internal and external programmes.
The health & wellbeing of our staff is a key focus and we have teamed up with Simply Health to offer a family-wide health plan that includes the following:
- a full Employee Assistance Programme, including face-to-face counselling and unlimited telephone support
- contributions towards a range of therapies, including sports massage, physiotherapy and chiropractic appointments
- contributions towards dental and optical costs
- 24/7 GP appointments via telephone/webcam
- Lifestyle Discounts
In addition, staff are eligible for the following:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- a 5% matched pension (after the relevant qualifying period)
If you have any questions at all about the role or the job description, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Steven Tagg, Marketing Manager on 020 8987 6695 or email email@example.com. You are also very welcome to come and visit prior to making an application.
If would like to apply, please e-mail a completed application form and covering letter, outlining your suitability for the position, to Cheryl Jarman, Head of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find the application form in the Application Advice section of our Careers page here.
Thank you for your interest!