||Day School and Sixth Form
||£25,000 per annum
ArtsEd are proud to be one of the UK’s leading centres of conservatoire education, providing world-class, contemporary training that is focused on the constantly evolving needs of the performing arts industry in the 21st century. We are now seeking a full time Office Administrator for the Day School.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Be first point of contact for all streams of communication including phone calls, emails, letters and escalate any arising issues to relevant members of staff.
- Fulfil ad hoc administrative requests such as transporting catering, preparation of digital and printed materials and organising mailings to parents/carers.
- Assist the office manager in maintaining stationary stock, photocopying, filing, receipt/distribution of post.
- Primary responsibility for cover assignments for teaching staff.
- Organising the School Office and ensuring it runs smoothly as a focal point for students, staff and parents.
- Work with HR and recruitment managers to support recruitment and interviews.
- Coordinate and support events – Prize Giving, New Parents Event, Parents evenings, open evenings.
- Take Minutes for various meetings
- Manage the Calendar – Outlook & Website
- Coordinate vaccinations (termly)
- Support and assist the Office manager in the UKVI process.
- Monitor attendance data at the school and individual learner level, reporting concerns to the Deputy Headteacher.
- Maintaining record of monthly attendance registers for the purposes of compliance with statutory requirements.
- Produce daily register reports for purposes of building evacuations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an administrative role, ideally within the education sector but this is not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook
- Be able to problem solve, multi task and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
The salary for the post is £25,000 per annum
What do we offer?
We are a small, close-knit team, committed to supporting our students and colleagues to achieve their best. We offer competitive salaries, and our size means that we are able to provide tailored opportunities for staff to develop their skills and experience through internal and external programmes.
The health & well-being of our staff is a key focus and we have teamed up with Simply Health to offer a family-wide health plan that includes:
- a full Employee Assistance Programme, including face-to-face counselling and unlimited telephone support
- A cash health care plan (contributions towards a range of therapies, including physiotherapy, and chiropractic appointments, dental and optical checks plus loads more)
- 24/7 GP appointments via telephone/webcam
- Lifestyle Discounts including gym memberships
In addition, staff are eligible for the following:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- a 5% matched pension (after the relevant qualifying period)
- Death in Service benefit
- 2 free tickets for you and one other for each production
- Full school closure for a week in the Summer and for two weeks over Christmas Plus Bank holidays
- Subsided breakfast and hot meals at lunch
- 66% off school fees for children of employee’s who wish to study at ArtsEd
- Free Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to school library with a wide range of books/DVD’S/ Plays and sheet music etc.
If you are interested in applying, please click on the button below.
The deadline for all applications is the 8th September at 9am.
ArtsEd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Successful candidates will undergo child protection screening, including, but not limited to, an Enhanced DBS check (including Barred List Information), an online search, employment history check covering any gaps and two professional references.