||Day School and Sixth Form
||Head of Music
||Part time: One day a week currently (dependant on student uptake)
|| Hourly rate of £36.00
ArtsEd are proud to be one of the UK’s leading centres of conservatoire education, providing world-class, contemporary training that is focused on the constantly evolving needs of the performing arts industry in the 21st century. We are now seeking a Peripatetic Piano Teacher to work on a part time basis. Currently the postholder will be required to work one day a week, but this is subject to change termly based on student uptake.
The principal responsibilities are:
- To teach pupils & students from the Day School & Sixth Form piano in a 1-1 capacity.
- To encourage and teach creatively incorporating music theory & knowledge within the guitar lessons.
- To write regular updates in pupils planners for parents/carers to stay updated on pupils progress.
- To maintain quality & upkeep of school guitars in discussion with Head of Music.
- To teach one to one piano lessons.
- To maintain and monitor appropriate records of pupils’ learning and achievements.
- To maintain communication with the Head of Music.
- To write reports and respond to parents’ enquiries if neccessary.
- To implement the school’s agreed policies.
- To attend meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are properly understood and procedures followed effectively and consistently.
- To meet all deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate’ must have:
- A Music degree or equivalent
- Relevant teaching experience of 12-18 year-olds.
- Excellent piano playing skills.
What do we offer?
We are a small, close-knit team, committed to supporting our students and colleagues to achieve their best. We offer competitive salaries, and our size means that we are able to provide tailored opportunities for staff to develop their skills and experience through internal and external programmes.
The health & well-being of our staff is a key focus and we have teamed up with Simply Health to offer a family-wide health plan that includes:
- a full Employee Assistance Programme, including face-to-face counselling and unlimited telephone support
- A cash health care plan (contributions towards a range of therapies, including physiotherapy, and chiropractic appointments, dental and optical checks plus loads more)
- 24/7 GP appointments via telephone/webcam
- Lifestyle Discounts including gym memberships
In addition, staff are eligible for the following:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- a 5% matched pension (after the relevant qualifying period)
- Death in Service benefit
- 2 free tickets for you and one other for each production
- Full school closure for a week in the Summer and for two weeks over Christmas Plus Bank holidays
- Subsided breakfast and hot meals at lunch
- 66% off school fees for children of employee’s who wish to study at ArtsEd
- Free Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to school library with a wide range of books/DVD’S/ Plays and sheet music etc.
If you are interested in applying, please click on ‘Apply here’ below to submit your online application form.
The salary for the post is an hourly rate of £36. ArtsEd is located in Chiswick, W4.
Deadline for applications is Monday 3rd July with a view to hold interviews on Friday 7th July.
ArtsEd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Successful candidates will undergo child protection screening, including, but not limited to, an Enhanced DBS check (including Barred List Information), an online search, employment history check covering any gaps and two professional references.