Reports to: Head of IT
Salary: £28 – 31k dependent on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
The Systems Administrator provides day to day support of all IT services in all areas of the business and supports the Head of IT in implementing projects and developing the IT strategy. As the senior technician the Systems Administrator is expected to show initiative and take ownership of several projects including infrastructure, endpoint management and documentation.
- Provide 1st line support, in person and remotely to all members of the organisation.
- Act as a point of escalation and provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all IT infrastructure and systems.
- Liaise with third party support providers and suppliers as required.
- Advise and recommend solutions and services to resolve issues and that will enhance and optimize systems and service delivery.
- Implement and maintain core infrastructure equipment and services.
- Deliver training and provide documentation, for both technical staff and end users.
- Resolution of 1st to 3rd line issues and requests.
- Implement and monitor solutions to mitigate security threats and respond quickly to attacks.
- Deployment and installation of server and client computing hardware, networking equipment, software, AV equipment.
- Installation of physical network across site.
- Hardware repair.
- Provisioning of IT services.
- Installation and maintenance of servers and networking equipment.
- Proactive monitoring of systems.
- Ensure IT system security.
- Assist the Head of IT in development of the IT strategy for the whole organisation.
- Lead development projects for new systems implementation.
- Systems lifecycle management.
- Maintaining databases of physical assets, software, and contracts
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Auditing equipment and reporting on usage and requirements
- Prepare, deliver, and assist in delivering IT training to all members of the organisation
- Purchasing as requested by the Head of IT
- Issue security passes and manage the physical access systems
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- All staff must carry out their responsibilities with due regard to all ArtsEd policies, procedures, the Staff Handbook and Staff Code of Conduct.
- All line managers must ensure their teams are suitably trained in relation to the above and lead by example.
- All staff must accept responsibility for ensuring that Health and Safety in the workplace policy is adhered to.
- All staff must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- All staff are required to undertake mandatory training upon induction and at regular intervals in line with training policy. This includes but is not limited to Safeguarding, Prevent, GDPR, Code of Conduct, and Health and Safety
- All staff are required to undertake training that is relevant to the post to maintain their continued professional development and to suit the requirements of the post
- All staff are required to hold a clear, enhanced DBS
- All staff are required to be professional, cooperative, and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT systems and network support
- Experience in supporting a variety of end user computing including macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Excellent understanding of networking especially, routing, switching, configuring VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS etc. Current CCNA or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server administration with services including Active Directory, ADCS File Services, SQL Server,
- Understanding of Windows client device lifecycle and management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Structured cabling installation.
- Proficiency in command line and scripting, Windows, Linux, macOS.
- Experience in managing virtualised (VMWare) infrastructure and storage networking.
- Attention to accuracy, detail and an analytical approach to maintaining services and standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude to problem solving and user problems
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with all members of the organisation at all levels with good written skills.
- Ability to work with own initiative and work as a team to ensure excellent service delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise and manage workload
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate knowledge development
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Relevant academic and professional qualifications
- Experience supporting IT in an academic organisation
- Experience in implementing IT solutions and change management process
- Experience supporting SaaS, especially Microsoft 365
- Experience of macOS management using Jamf Pro