||Day School and Sixth Form
||Head of Dance
||Part time- 2 days (0.4) or 3 days (0.6)
||FTE £29,870 – this will be pro-rata’d depending on the days of work agreed
ArtsEd are proud to be one of the UK’s leading centres of conservatoire education, providing world-class, contemporary training that is focused on the constantly evolving needs of the performing arts industry in the 21st century. Our Day School and Sixth Form are now seeking a part time Teacher of Classical Ballet to join asap!
With responsibility to and in collaboration with the Head of Dance, you will have accountability for sustaining and improving the quality of vocational training and education offered to our pupils.
We believe that learning can be fun. Our pupils and staff relish challenges and work tirelessly to achieve the very highest standards. Small class sizes and a staff of well-qualified, specialist teachers underpin the process of learning at all stages.
- To organise and contribute to the teaching and assessment of Classical Ballet under the direction of the Head of Dance.
- Teach RAD syllabus as well as free work classes as directed by the Head of Dance.
- To maintain and monitor appropriate records of pupils’ learning and achievements.
- Design, develop and write suitable schemes of work for all Key Stages.
- To rehearse students to be confident when performing, enabling them to achieve success in examinations and performance.
- To maintain effective discipline through implementation of the school agreed procedures.
- To take part in the Performance Management Programme.
- To maintain liaison with class teachers and form tutors.
- To keep abreast of all relevant examination and assessment specifications, meeting all deadlines.
Please refer to the Job Description for more.
‘The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A relevant Degree or Diploma in dance
- CDE or other teaching qualification
- Relevant teaching experience, preferably in a co-educational environment.
- Professional vocational experience is desirable but not essential.
- Choreographic experience in a relevant context
- Ability to choreograph across a range of styles and techniques
- A thorough knowledge of the subject area
- A sound knowledge of the RAD examination syllabus
- Emotional resilience.
- Positive attitude to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- A strong commitment to educating young people.
Please refer to the Person Specification for essential/desirable requirements.
What do we offer?
We are a small, close-knit team, committed to supporting our students and colleagues to achieve their best. We offer competitive salaries, and our size means that we are able to provide tailored opportunities for staff to develop their skills and experience through internal and external programmes.
The health & well-being of our staff is a key focus and we have teamed up with Simply Health to offer a family-wide health plan that includes:
- a full Employee Assistance Programme, including face-to-face counselling and unlimited telephone support
- A cash health care plan (contributions towards a range of therapies, including physiotherapy, and chiropractic appointments, dental and optical checks plus loads more)
- 24/7 GP appointments via telephone/webcam
- Lifestyle Discounts including gym memberships
In addition, staff are eligible for the following:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- a 5% matched pension (after the relevant qualifying period)
- Death in Service benefit
- 2 free tickets for you and one other for each production
- Full school closure for a week in the Summer and for two weeks over Christmas Plus Bank holidays
- Subsided breakfast and hot meals at lunch
- 66% off school fees for children of employee’s who wish to study at ArtsEd
- Free Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to school library with a wide range of books/DVD’S/ Plays and sheet music etc.
If you are interested in applying, please click on the Apply button below to submit your online applications, CV’s alone will not be permitted.
Deadline for all applications is Friday 13th October at 12pm with a view to hold interviews w/c 16th October.
ArtsEd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Successful candidates will undergo child protection screening, including, but not limited to, an Enhanced DBS check (including Barred List Information), an online search, employment history check covering any gaps and two professional references.