Submit your script for our new film project
ArtsEd invites writers to create films for students
ArtsEd’s innovative acting course is the only one in the UK to deliver equal training in acting for stage, screen and television. Thanks to their experience on camera many of our graduates are already enjoying screen success including Poppy Drayton (Downton Abbey), Dan Cohen (E4’s Fresh Meat) and Tuppence Middleton (The Imitation Game). We are now consolidating our reputation for innovation by producing eight new short films in which our students will be cast.
Successful scripts will be filmed by a professional director and director of photography and the subsequent film will be edited to broadcast standard. Writers will be fully credited for their work and receive a professional standard showreel of the film.
Each script should meet the following criteria:
- Be of 10 to 12 minutes duration
- Tackle contemporary subject matter
- Be suitable for a cast who are predominately in their 20s
- Feature 3/4 strong roles with additional supporting roles if required.
- Be suitable for filming on a limited budget
- Require a limited number of older cast members
- Avoid any extreme violence or explicit sexual content
Writers interested in submitting a script should email Kas Braganza, ArtsEd’s Film and TV Producer. The closing date for receipt of submissions is 23 May 2014.