- The data holdings and general interests of the Arts Educational Schools (hereafter referred to as the Schools) are registered under the Data Protection Act 1984 (DPA) Reg No PX4488561.
- Named data about individual students, ex-students, teacher or ex-teachers will not be released to any person or persons except to the managers of the schools.
- Information about named students will only be made available to outside bodies entitled to seek such information such as the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, which use this information for purposes such as funding methodologies and the like, and organisations such as HEFCE, QAA and HESA, which collect data on behalf of the government.
- Anonymized data will only be released to those bodies who are entitled to seek statistical information from the Schools.
- Any information collected for data purposes will not be used for any other purpose other than notified. Data will not be released to ‘for profit organisations’.
- Where the schools are requested/required to give information about an individual then that person’s permission will be sought beforehand.
- The DPA gives students, staff (ex-students/staff) the right to request a copy of personal details held by the Schools.
- The Schools will ensure that individuals are aware of their rights under the DPA