The audition process can sometimes feel daunting and overwhelming, so we have developed this course to help you feel in control and ready to give your best.
Prepare for your Drama School Musical Theatre auditions with our expert tutors and industry professionals.
- Hone your audition technique
- Work on your speeches, songs, and dance technique
- Improve your confidence ahead of your auditions
- Get the inside knowledge from one of the world’s leading schools in Musical Theatre training!
Throughout the week you will work on:
- Choosing, approaching and preparing your songs and speeches
- Dance technique
- Audition etiquette and interview tips
- Confidence building
Participants should prepare the following:
- Two monologues (one classical and one contemporary). Neither should be longer than 1.5 minutes.
- Two musical theatre songs. One should be a ‘legit’ ballad written no later than 1965 (e.g. ‘If I Loved You’ from Carousel), and the other should provide a contrast and be something you enjoy singing. You should prepare and perform a section from each of the two songs, each lasting no longer than one minute. Please bring sheet music with you.
All of your pieces should be learnt by heart before the course begins.
This course is perfect for people who are looking to apply for Musical Theatre training at Drama School in the near future.
Our tutors are highly skilled and experienced, and they’re here for you! This week is an opportunity to learn from them in an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment, and boost your chances of success when you take on those all-important auditions.
Spaces are limited and highly sought after, so please book quickly to avoid disappointment!